Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tarheel Stamper - Sock Monkey Halloween


This card is for my NC Demo Monday Mailer partner. I don't use Sock Monkey or Sock Monkey Accessories much, but I should.  It is such a versatile set.  I watercolored this on SU watercolor paper.  I use reinker drops on a plastic lid and pick up the "paint" with a brush or aqua painter.  I made lots of the pumpkins and will share a scrapbook page tomorrow!  Colors are Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango,  Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Old Olive and a Whisper White watercolor crayon.  I also used a little Uniball White Signo pen to put a little highlight on the pumpkins.  I used the watercolor brush to soften it a little. The Old Olive Swirls are made with the Swirly Sizzlits Decorative Strip die.  I need to practice watercoloring.  I love to do it just not well. Other talented stampers say to practice practice practice.  So I need to do more of that.  It is so fast just to pick up a stamp set and stamp, but watercoloring is so much fun. Try it sometime.  One tip I have is to dampen the watercolor paper first and then paint.  The ink spreads nicely after that.  You don't want the paper to be too wet, but it does blend well like that.  Just experiment and get a feel for it.

Close up of one of the pumpkins.


Decorated the inside with swirls and pumpkins.




Have a great day!
Tammy Q Howell aka Tarheel Stamper

No comments: