Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tarheel Stamper - Halloween Houses on a Hill


Not sure if someone has done this before with Stampin' Up!'s Ornament punch, but when I was cutting pieces for a Christmas Card Camp, I looked at the piece I had left over and thought this looks like funky houses on a hill.  So I decided to make a Halloween card with a Basic Black strip.  I love the way it turned out.  It was mailed to my NC Demo Monday Mailer.  Hope she likes it.  I really don't do Halloween, but just loved the look of this!  Used my brayer also!  Fun card to make!  I have pdf instructions to make the card and punched shapes on Scribd here.  http://www.scribd.com/doc/38404863

Supplies used:


 Teeny Tiny Wishes – Item# 118732 (wm $36.95)

 1 3/8” Circle punch - Item# 119860 - $15.95

 Heart to Heart punch - Item# 119881 - $16.95

 Word Window Punch – Item# 119857 - $15.95

 Ornament punch – Item# 119847 - $16.95

 More Mustard, Basic Black, and Glossy Card stock

 Basic Black, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue Classic Inks and Basic Black      Craft Ink.

 Black embossing powder


Have a wonderful day,
Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper

9 comments:

Cindy Major said...

You are so darn clever! It took me a second there to figure out how you did the punching, but it is so brilliant!! Thanks for sharing :D

Cindy

Ariel said...

Tammy- you are so clever! (oops...I just realized the first poster said the same thing)
You are a genius! What an excellent use for the negative space!
and it's a great card, too

~Ariel

Barb said...

This is sooooo creative! TFS!! :)

Simone said...

This is brilliant! I love this, what a gorgeous card and a great example of thinking outside the square. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Talk about 'thinking outside the box' but girl that card was thinking outside the box - such an awesome card.
Love your blog.
Robbijune at yahoo dot com

Elisa said...

FANTASTIC idea! I love it! Great job - it is so clever!

http://willrun4stamps.blogspot.com/

vch118@aol.com said...

Tammy, I seldom make Halloween cards but this is awesome!! Love how you used the various punches and the houses are too cute!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I think this is just clever! Thanks for sharing it!

Carrie Rhoades said...

I loved this idea so much! It inspired me to create my own roof top card and I wanted to share it with you...http://www.carriestamps.com/weblog/2010/10/over-the-roof-tops.html
Thanks again for the inspiration!