Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Up Up and Away!



Made this card for my Monday Mailer partner on a Yahoo NC Demos group.  Great group of demonstrators.  Sneak peak of some new colors and a new stamp set.  The sentiment is from a stamp set available in the upcoming catalog.  It is called Perfect Punches.  There are six stamps in this set made to fit a variety of our punches.  The basket for the hot air balloon is from the Sweet Centers stamp set.  I used the Wide Oval punch with Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, and Daffodil Delight to make the balloon part.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals only on the middle of the balloon and taped down the outside edges so it would be shaped a little.  See photo below to see the 3D effect.  Made the cloud with our Scallop Circle punch.  Just punch a scallop circle from card stock.  Sponge around that several times for clouds.  I used Not Quite Navy to sponge with and on the sentiment. 



I punched more Wide Ovals and used them as balloons on the inside shown below.  I drew the strings with Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.  The verse inside is from Curvy Verses stamped in Not Quite Navy.  Used the Signo white gel pen for the highlights.  Now up, up, and away from this computer desk......lol.



1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Fabulous. This card really gave me a lift (hee,hee pun intended) and had me jumping for joy. Love the use of the punches and the new stamp set. Very Inventive.