Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tarheel Stamper - First Video - Sizzix Pillow Box Die Tips

I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted.  Almost one month without a post is too long!  I was very busy with wedding preparations for our oldest son and now daughter("in-law")!  Yahoo they were married Saturday March 12th.  I made the decorations for a shower, wedding invitations, rehearsal dinner, and the wedding reception.  I had some great help from my other daughter("in-law"), my sister, and the bride's sister.  I am so thankful they helped me last week or I would never had gotten all the wedding things finished.  I will share pictures in the future, but I don't have my camera with me at the moment. 

My sweet aunt passed away early Thursday morning and we buried her yesterday.  So my past week has been a roller coaster of emotions.  The family was so kind to schedule family visitation and the funeral services for Sunday and Monday so the wedding could go on and my mother (her sister passed away) could attend the wedding.  The wedding was wonderful and some of the family told me it was a nice and needed diversion from the pain of losing a grandparent and mother-in-law.  I am thankful to know that she is with loved ones and the Lord in Heaven now. 

On to the video and enough of the personal life things for today.  I was making pillow box favors or the wedding rehearsal dinner and wanted to use each piece of card stock for as many pillow boxes as possible.  The video shows you how to get 4 out of one piece of card stock.  I wanted to see if I could make a video.  Please don't laugh too hard.  LOL ;-)  I hope you can get some tips out of this video.  I show the pillow box and some other tips I have learned about using the Sizzix.  I hope to make more in the future.  I used the Sixxix pillow box die from Stampin' Up!  It is so easy to make cute boxes with this.  I put 4 Robin Egg candies in each box.  The theme of the wedding was love birds.  The video is below and also on YouTube.  I have a channel titled Tarheel Stamper. 

Anyway  I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for reading all this! 
Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi, So sorry about the loss in your family. I'm sure the wedding helped everyone move on from their loss. I tried to watch your video both here and on youtube but got an error both times. I will try later. TFS!

Sandy said...

You go girl!!! Great video. Looking forward to seeing more. Sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts. Hugs

Unknown said...

Thanks Cherie and Sandy. Not sure why the video would not work for you Cherie. It worked at both places for me.

KellyRae said...

Great video. Thanks for the tips on how to position the die AND especially for the cleanup after. I use a pet lint roller for picking up glitters from my work surface and never thought about using it for the chads from the dies!