Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tarheel Stamper - Stampin' Up! Doily Triple Layer Punch Rose Card

Doily Rose Card


Click on photo for larger view.



 I enjoyed making this card. I thought I would try to make a flower with the Doily Triple Layer Punch. Got use a neat new border punch called Lace Ribbon. Although the new catalog is coming out, don't miss out on some of the retiring stamp sets. You have to order them before the end of June. Also retiring accessories can be viewed at my online store. They update constantly because once the accessories are gone, they are no longer available for purchase.


Click on photo for larger view.

I punched four of the solid images from Blushing Bride. The rose looks like it is Pretty in Pink, but is Blushing Bride card stock sponged on the tips with Pretty in Pink. With scissors I cut in toward the center between each "petal" not going all the way to the center. The smallest Blushing Bride flower is made by cutting two petals out. All of the flower pieces were sponged with color around their edges and curled with a stylus. I stacked them up attaching them with strong glue. I wish I would have put a brad through them before adding the So Saffron flower center. That was made with one of the punches in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack punched from So Saffron. I glued two together. I added a small pearl for the center.  The leaves were punched with the Blossoms Petal Builder punch.  They are punched from Certainly Celery and sponged with Certainly Celery around the edges.  A stylus was used to draw a line down the
middle and for the veins.





The So Saffron piece behind the flower is made with the new (available in the 2011/12 catalog) Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  I love that lacey look!  I used a Certainly Celery card base and a Very Vanilla piece embossed with the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing folder.  I lightly sponged Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink around the border of the Tulips piece. I masked around the border to sponge. I only have the Blushing Bride marker so I used the Pretty in Pink.  This card is for Color Challenge # CC322 on Splitcoast Stampers and for a wedding/bridal challenge on


Click on photo for larger view.


For the inside I cut a strip of So Saffron and layered two of the Doily punched shapes plus three of the Itty Bitty punches.

My wish list grows longer every time I look at the new catalog!  Love the new ribbons, DSP, punches, and on and on and on.   LOL

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, that 3D flower is AMAZING! You are so talented!

Heidi Baks said...

I love how your flower came out! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

Deb Hoekstra said...

I love the flower! Thanks for sharing the idea and also for joining us at SUO Challenges.

Carole said...

luv the flower....
Would luv for our readers to discover this.
please add it to our linking party here
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Melina said...

Beautiful! love the soft colors :)
Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges

stampinART said...

WOW, what a awesome 3D rose. Congrats on making the Top 3 at SUO challenge.

At Paula's Place said...

Very nice and clever how you made the flower from the doily punch. Love your colors too.