Monday, December 06, 2010

Tarheel Stamper Doggone





Ok  I am a very bad aunt.  LOL  I didn't get my nephew's birthday card made and in the mail on time for his birthday which was on Thanksgiving day this year.  Doggone it! I just seem to get distracted by so much and fail to do the important things. 

Anyway I used D is for Dog stamp set.  Card stock is Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  I used My Digital Studio to create the verse and sentiment in Chocolate Chip.  I love that program.  It is useful in so many different ways.  I used the Large Oval punch for the sentiment.  The Square Lattice embossing folder is great for masculine cards.  The wood texture pieces are from Sizzix's Texture Plate Kit #4 Stampin' Up! sells.  I embossed a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Chocolate Chip so I would have enough for the house, roof, and the oval behind the sentiment.  I cut a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch piece of Chocolate Chip for the dog house and punched the door with the large oval punch.  I added a scrap of Basic Black behind the opening.  You could pop up the house over the black, but I chose to just layer the black on the back of the house.  I did pop up the roof with dimensionals.  I stamped the dog from D is for Dog on Very Vanilla and cut out leaving a small border.  The sentiment is popped up with dimensionals also.

The inside greeting was printed on a piece of Very Vanilla with My Digital Studio. I trimmed it down to 3 x 5 inch piece.  I stamped the bones in Not Quite Navy.  Masculine cards seem to be harder to make.  I think my nephew will like this even though he is an adult.  We all need fun in our lives right?

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Tammy aka Tarheel Stamper




No comments: