Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stampin' Up! Party Hearty Birthday Hats Card


First time I have used the Party Hearty stamp set. I love the hats and the option of coloring them with markers makes it versatile to match whatever colors you need. I stamped the middle hat on another piece of Whisper White and cut it out. Then I popped it up with a Stampin' Dimensional. I can't remember where I got this card sketch. My papers are in SC so I can't look at them. I had written the sizes of the pieces on those papers, but maybe I can add those later when I am in SC.

To make the sentiment pennant (LOL it rhymes), I cut a piece of Whisper White 1/4" wide by 2 1/4" (I think) long. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy. Holding the 1 1/4" square punch upside down and aligning the corner of the punch at the end of the strip, I punched to get the look of a pennant. Then I added ink around the edges of the pennant using the ink pad.

I used the stack in the Big Shot which I talked about in an earlier post. It makes a huge difference on the way the texture looks. When making the background card stocks, make sure to align the design on both card stocks.

This is for our oldest son whose birthday is Tuesday. I will share another card I made using this set tomorrow. Our middle son was born three years and a day after our oldest. I went into labor on Randy's birthday, but Bobby didn't officially make his entrance into the world until 7 am the next day. When we went to the hospital in labor with Bobby, the doctor and nurses were happy to see us. We were the only ones there and they said there was nothing on TV. LOL Funny what memories we have.

Stamp Set: Party Hearty
Card Stock: Night of Navy, So Saffron, Garden Green, Whisper White, and Basic Gray
Markers: Night of Navy, So Saffron, Garden Green
Accessories: Bold Brights brads, Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1Texturz plate, 1 1/4" square punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Leonie Schroder said...

Tammy I really like this - I need to put ink to this set some more ;0)