Friday, May 07, 2010

Happy Graduation!

With God all things are possible 
 Matthew 19:26

We are so proud of our son, Bobby.  He is graduating today, May 7 2010, from Ambassador Baptist College.  He will graduate with a bachelor's degree of 2nd Man Christian Education.  He took classes for pastors and teachers, studied Greek and Hebrew, and many other areas of study.  Bobby did not like reading in school, but now reads profusely.  I am so happy he has discovered the joy of reading.  He likes to study Biblical doctrines and commands and see what the Bible says, not just what man says.  Not to say that the pastors and professors haven't taught the correct things, but he loves to study and make sure that God's word is preached. He has a love for the Jewish people and it has rubbed off on me to want to study more about their festivals, customs. and feasts. The New Testament becomes more interesting with a knowledge of the Jewish traditions.  Can't wait to see what God has for Bobby in the future!  Congratulations son!  We are so proud of your accomplishments.

Now here is the card I made him.  This is not my original idea.  I saw a card on the fantastically talented Jackie Topa's blog!  She has a tutorial to make a suit with tie and showed a photo of the commencement gown. I wished I would have had some of Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous blue satin ribbon for the tie, but the Basic Grey works.  I made the tassel with crochet thread.  I did not have a black brad so I used the Bashful Blue ones I had.  I think it looks good with that color brad.  I added a verse inside from a retired Stampin' Up! set named Say it with Scriptures.  The verse is Trust in the Lord with all thine heart. Proverbs 3:5.


Supplies used:

Stamp Sets - Say it with Scriptures, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories - brads, Matchbox XL Sizzix die, Basic Grey ribbon
Ink - Bashful Blue
Card stock - Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Basic Black

1 comment:

cari said...

Wow its perfect! Nice job!