Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Valentine Heart Box Stampin' Up! Daisies #2 Bigz Die









Such a cute box! I bought this paper mache box at a crafts store last year. Time flew by and I saved it until this year. I covered the sides and top with the new Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper. This paper has glittered accents. You can see a little of that on the top. It is so cute in real life. This paper is available in the 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog. The flower is cut with the Sizzix Daisies #2 Bigz die in Pretty in Pink and Real Red card stock. I layered the pink and red flowers over each other using a little dab of the TomBow Multi Purpose adhesive. I repeated that with the smallest flower on the die. Next I added a Pretty in Pink corduroy button in the center. I punched several small hearts from Real Red card stock with the Heart to Heart punch. I glued one heart on the button and then around the sides with Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive. I folded one heart and placed on the end of the box. The leaves are die cut with the Bird with leaves and flower Bigz Die.
The Pretty in Pink lace on the side of the lid is made by cutting a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock 1" x 12". I used the Pinking Hearts Border punch available in the wonderful Occasions Mini Catalog. Punch one side of the strip. Insert strip in crimper and run through it. This makes the lace easier to go around curved surfaces. I had to stretch the crimped strip out a little to make it long enough to go around the box. I didn't want to add another strip. This is not my original idea. Glue this to side of box lid. Isn't it pretty? This went together quickly. Have a wonderful day creating.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

This is so pretty! I think I might have one of those heart boxes and will have to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Aimee said...

This box is amazing!

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Tammy you have inspired me to dig out my Daisies die! Really darling.