Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stampin' Up! Scallop Envelope Bigz Die Box



There are other tutorials out there in blogging world for this box. This is not my original idea, but I wanted to share how to make it with you. This is a great box, but you will need to use very strong adhesive such as Stampin' Up!'s Sticky Strip.
Supplies for basic box:

4 - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pieces of Pretty in Pink card stock


1 to 2 pieces of 3 1/4" square of Pretty in Pink card stock


Sticky Strip


1. Die cut 4 scallop envelopes from Pretty in Pink card stock. This Sizzix Bigz Die is only available through Stampin' Up! I use the stack shown below in the photo. Place card stock on die so that only one tab is cut off. See photo.







2. Using Perfect Dots Embossing Folder, emboss dots on Scallop Envelopes. I have included a photo to show you how to place it. That way you will have a flat tab to apply adhesive to and I chose to have my dots visible on the box and the reverse is on the folded over part. You will have to decide which one you want to show.




3. Fold on score lines as shown on photo. Remember to use your bone to burnish the folded card stock to obtain crisp corners. Since this has dots, you want to burnish right on the edge.




4. Place Sticky Strip on the remaining side tab as shown and line up the 4 scallop envelopes. Remove red liner and attach to each other ending with the final tab inside the box. It is helpful to fold and decide where the tape should go before actually applying it. Place Sticky Strip on bottom flaps ending with strips around the bottom piece edges to make it stay closed. This forms the bottom.




5. Insert the 3 1/4" square in bottom of the box. If desired you can glue down. Also if you want to you can add the 2nd square to the outside bottom.





6. Decorate and fill as desired. I have included photos of my finished box below. I will post a tutorial in the future on the scallop circle flower. I just love how this turned out.














3 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Sooooo pretty! Love the 3-D flower...and all the embellishments look gorgeous! You did a great job on this! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully done! Thanks for the hints on how to create this--I plan to try it for an Easter Basket.

Wendy Hawkinson said...

Tammy,

I love this--so pretty!!

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com