Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle Gift Card Holder




Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My explanation is below the project for today. Saw a circle gift card holder in a You Tube video. Instead of a circle I used the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot. I love how easy these are. You could hang them on the Christmas Tree.


To make cut one Scallop Circle from Real Red card stock. Next line up the Designer Series paper's edge inside the die cutting area. You want to place the paper in the middle of the die so it would only cut out a portion of the circle leaving the straight edge. Actually it was placed a little higher than the middle of the die. Hard to describe and I didn't have time to photograph. Next use Stampin' Up! Dimensionals around the outside edges of the Designer Series Paper, but not across the top. Line up and attach to the Real Red Scallop Circle. I used stickers included in the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit to embellish. Stampin' Up! Dimensionals were used on those as well. I threaded Sleigh Bells ribbon through the hole and knotted. This ribbon is from the Holiday Mini Catalog. It will be available for purchase until January 4, 2010. The money or gift card slides into the pocket created by the Designer Series Paper. Cute and fast!


I haven't been online much lately. We took two trips recently. Saw the Carolina Tarheels play in Chapel Hill and the next week went to Atlanta Georgia. We took our middle son to see the Dallas Stars vs Atlanta Thrashers hockey game. Both were exciting and we had a blast. Those trips, work, and preparing for Christmas took up all my time. Also I am in the midst of a fibromyalgia flare up. So anyway that is why I haven't posted in a while. I will be taking a week or so off to visit with family coming in for the Christmas holidays. I will be back in January with some new products from Stampin' Up! I can't wait to try my new goodies! See you then and have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed and Happy New Year!

No comments: