Friday, May 01, 2009

Daisies For You Card


Hi Stampin' Friends! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Seems like I can't get caught up at work. I am ready to get back to stampin' and scrapin'. I will be sharing a scrapbook page tomorrow.

I made this card for a challenge on the Late Night Stampers Yahoo group. We had to choose a card on the sweet leader's blog, Sherrill Graff, . I chose this card on her blog by Janet Urke. It is so pretty. This is the first card I have tried the Sizzix Daisies Bigz Die. Stamp set used is Oval All. It is available in the Occasions Mini Catalog. Punch is the Oval Scallop punch also available in the Occasions Mini. Also I used the perforating tool from the cutter kit to make the stitched lines on the Riding Hood Red strip. Just lightly run the perforating tool over a Whisper White Craft Pad and keep inking. Run the tool over the cardstock. I used a ruler to keep my line straight. Also I find that it makes a better impression to have a hard surface underneath.



I love the Sweet Bella Designer Paper. I am going to miss all the great papers with the In Colors in them when the new catalog comes out. Right now Stampin' Up is running a promotion coinciding with National Scrapbooking month. This is a great time to buy the Designer Papers, 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock, or Speciality Designer Papers. Details below. If you have any questions, please contact me at howe1472@bellsouth.net.

Scrapbooking Promotion


Dates: May 1-31, 2009

Promotion Details

The Scrapbooking Promotion has two exciting parts:
Buy three packs of Designer Series paper (including our Specialty Designer Series paper) or 12" x 12" textured card stock, and get one FREE!

Buy a sneak peek stamp set from the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog--Jumble Alphabet (set of 52; double-mounted)--at a 20 percent discount.

Item #115199

Jumble Alphabet stamp set
$43.95 20% discount price $35.16


4 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

I love your card and the color combo. I just rec the daisy die and can't wait to play. I have followed your blog for a while and now am glad to be a member of the Late Night Stampers Blog Stars group! I am also a Tarheel but transplanted in Virginia. TFS Nancy

Julie Semones said...

Beautiful card! I'm on the LNS Blog stars with you and am looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

MJ said...

I adore the multi colored daisy. I love this card, so many great details. Great job with this challenge Tammy.

Erin Lasseter said...

I just love the Sizzix dies! I can't wait to see what they release in the new catalog!